Matcha green tea powder is the most healthy green tea drink due to the powdered form of the actual tea leaf unlike regular green tea, which is simply an infusion of the leaves.
Matcha does not have to be drunk traditionally and goes perfectly with milk thanks to its smooth taste and is delicious hot or cold. It also contains some caffeine, so it will give you an instant pick me up at any time of day.
You can make an easy Matcha Latte a number of quick easy ways. Here is a basic method I like to use.
- 1 tsp HTD Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Sweetener (2 tsp Sugar, Honey or Stevia)
- 3 tbsp Warm Water
- 250/300ml Whole or Semi-Skimmed or Soy Milk (Hot or Cold)
- 1 Matcha Whisk or Electric Milk Whisk
- A few cubes of ice (for Iced Latte only)
How to prepare:
- Spoon the Matcha green tea powder and the sweetener into a mug or cup.
- Add the warm water and mix either with a spoon or with a whisk until it is a smooth dark green paste. This is to stop the tea having lumps in it.
- Warm up the milk in a separate pan or microwave and pour into the mug until it is nearly full or use cold milk for an iced latte!
- Use the whisk to mix the paste and milk together until it is smooth and light green in colour. Now it’s ready to drink!
- If you so wish, you can add a few sprinkles of matcha green tea powder on the top for decoration or add ice for an extra cold iced latte, nom nom nom
For a simple quick and easy method some people just use a shaker bottle :-)
Leave a comment