A yummy Matcha Lava Muffin to enjoy on a cold day!
Matcha Lava Ingredients
1 tbsp Arrowroot (tapioca) powder
1 tbsp matcha powder
40g cane sugar or you can use white sugar if you don't have any
200g vegan milk (you can use soy milk, rice milk, oat milk and so on)
2 tbsp baking powder
400g wholemeal flour
150g cane sugar or you can use white sugar if you don't have any
80g oil (vegetable oil or any cooking oil)
350g coconut milk
a pinch of salt
- Mix all the ingredients for the matcha lava in a sauce pan, then cook them on low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Transfer the mixture into an ice tray and place it in a freezer and wait till they are frozen.
- Next for the muffin, mix together all the ingredients in a large bowel.
- Once everything is mixed together, use a large table spoon to place one spoonful of the mixture into each section of a lightly oiled muffin tin.
- Next remove the matcha lava cubes from the freezer and put one each in the muffin tin.
- Finally add the remaining muffin mixture to cover.
- Cooking time is approximately 35 minutes at 180C/350F. They are ready when the top starts to brown and the matcha lava has melted.
- Enjoy with a nice cup of Matcha Cappacino.
Leave a comment