Honey green tea sandwich cookies (Adapted from Bijouxs)
Makes about 15 sandwiches
- ½ cup unsalted butter, plus 2 tablespoons
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Herbal Tea Direct matcha powder
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup honey
- Whip the butter and sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix until combined.
- Dissolve the baking side in the vinegar, and add it to the butter mixture. Mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and matcha powder.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the batter, mixing until a crumbly dough forms.
- Use your hands to form the dough into a ball. Wrap it in plastic wrap and flatten to form a disk. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180º
- Once the dough has chilled, roll out half of it on a floured surface to a ¼-inch thickness. Keep the other half wrapped to keep it from drying out. Use a cookie cutter to cut your favorite shapes and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet., leaving about ½-inch between cookies. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until just beginning to turn golden brown. Let cool before frosting.
- While the cookies cool, combine the butter, cream cheese, and honey in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until well mixed.
- Spread just under a tablespoon of frosting between two cookies and serve with a cup of warm tea!