Matcha Green Tea Cake Mash-up was something I created over the weekend, as I stared into an empty cupboard looking for ingredients I could use it came to me.
This was really easy to make and went down well with the family :-)
Ingredients (serves two)
- 2g Herbal Tea Direct Matcha Green Tea
- 625ml Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Custard Powder
- 2 x Teaspoons Sugar
- 2 x Teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 x Teaspoons Water
- 1 x Free Range Egg
- A few plain biscuits or shortbread biscuits
Green Tea Cake
- Combine matcha, sugar, oil, water and egg in a large coffee cup and mix ingredients well.
- Place in Microwave for 3 minutes
- Combine custard powder and 1/4 cup of the milk in a small jug. Stir until smooth.
- Place custard mixture, sugar and remaining milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until custard comes to the boil and thickens. Simmer, stirring for 1 minute.
- Crush biscuits for base of cup
- Add crushed biscuits in the base of a tall glass
- Remove the matcha cake from the cup and cut in half placing the halves into the glasses on top of the biscuit base
- Slice and place strawberries on top the matcha cake
- Pour in your custard over the strawberries