Make your own DIY Matcha Green Tea Lip Balm!
The lip balm contains beeswax which gives the balm a lovely thick consistency, pure Shea butter for a mega moisture injection and sweet almond oil to give those lips a lovely soft feeling. I didn’t add any essential oils to the batch I made but you could always add a few drops of vanilla, grapefruit, orange or any edible oil. It really is lovely and so easy you should give it a try!
Ingredients (makes 2 – 4 tins):
1 tablespoon of Shea butter
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax pellets
- 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Green Tea powder
- 10 drops of an edible essential oil (optional)
- Melt shea butter, beeswax and sweet almond oil in a heat-safe bowl over a pan of boiling water
- Mix ingredients well as they are melting
- Once all ingredients have melted entirely remove from the heat.
Stir in your Matcha Green Tea powder and essential oils quickly before the mixture starts to set
- Pour mixture into your tins
- Leave the mixture for around 1 hour to set by this point they should be ready to go!